Monday, June 23, 2008

Yearning( what is on my heart...past month or so)

latley I have been too busy to blog. I have been keeping a daily devotional journal, and I have been working two jobs, training for races, racing, spending time with God, and reading BLUE LIKE JAZZ and now reading Pastor and Clayton King's book on relationships.

I am sorry to the few readers who have been reading and keeping up with my blogs.
I have been keeping up with yours (blog roll) but I have been so busy latley.

I cannot sleep, I am just yearning. Yearning to get closer with God. Things are great, amazing, and God's Grace, Love, Power, inspiration have been doing great things in my life.

Between reading 1,2 Samuel, and now 1 Kings, Blue Like Jazz, and Pastor and Clayton King's book on relationships... I have this yearning, deep inside of me. Its a deepening hunger and thirst to be filled more and more with Christ, and less and less of me.

I have been preaching more sermons to my house, and to my self, saying the many things that God is placing on my heart and soul. I have been conversing with close friends about the sheer AWESOMENESS of CHRIST. I have been seeking Wisdom, and yearning to be more like King David and King Solomon. I yearn more and more to be the Man of God that God wants me to be.
I yearn to be filled with God's wisdom, His understanding of my heart, and the world around me.
This One Prayer series is really messing with me. I cannot help but to talk with others, Christian and non-Christian alike about all the petty differences that THE CHURCH focuses on.
I yearn to break off the unnecessary traditions of my past, my pride and pre conceived notions about other Christians, or those who profess that they are Christians(but who are not really Christians). I yearn pull out the plank in my own eye about "religiosity" and to encourage people more about the Gospel.

I yearn more and more each day to be a minister in the Army, and to reach out the the lost people in this city (esp the homeless)

I yearn to see and speak with my old friends who are back home.
I yearn for the healing of my of Grandpa's knee, and for the clarity of my grandma's mind(dad's side)
I yearn for the healing of my Aunt Gayle's heart as she deals with a bad breakup.
I yearn for the healing and clarity of mind for my paw-paw, and the patience of my maw-maw as she helps him with all his ailments. I pray for health for her. (mom's side)
I yearn for the seeking of Christ for my aunt and uncle
I yearn for the move of God in my many friends lives's as they seek God, and for peace, and joy.

I yearn for this world to stop hating each other, and for us to embrace Christ.
I yearn to see more lost people come to Christ, and start a new life with Him.
I yearn to see us Christians learn to become dangerous for Christ, to step out of our comfort zones, and allow God's healing, and power to consume us, so that we may be a light in this dark world.


I yearn to be more like Christ...

1 comment:

A.J. said...

Nicholas... Christ's light and love shines through you more brightly with every passing day! I love you and am so inspired and encouraged by your unquenchable love for our Father!