Friday, November 14, 2008

Senior Thesis Updates.

Praise God, that after a whole freakin semester of loosing sleep, gaining weight, then loosing it, gaining it back, loosing it again, trying to train for a half-marathon, only because I do not have time for a full one, missing class, weekend meetings with my professor, long hours in the library, missing my friends, missing intimate time with Jesus.... I am finally almost done with my Senior Thesis. PRAISE GOD!!! This has got to be the hardest year of college in my whole entire life.

I am so thankful for all the prayers, and words of encoragement durng this semester. I am sorry to those of you whom I have not talk with, or hung out with. Most of you, well except for Sarah Fields haha, are not up at 12-2am ever night, so it just makes fellowship hard. I am so thankful for Sarah being there because she has prayed with me over the phone late at night. God is so good.

Anyways, I am almost done, and I am looking at over 20 pages, which is so awesome. My professor Dr. Fagan, has really called out my potential, and she has helped me to write fine work. I only say this because she her self has said it is fine work, something I still have not gotten use to hearing. I have never been one to logically put my thoughts on paper---academic wise.

It is just so amazing to see God working in my life, even when I have not taken consistent time this semester to get into His Word. I have gotten into the Word, but there have been days when I have missed it.

Thank You Jesus, for loving me as I am, Just as I am, and for blesing me with your Love, Grace, and Mercy.

My presentation went really well. Here is a snapshot of what I spoke about, and what my research is on.

Nicholas Cook, “Black No More: A Literary Analysis of Race, Culture, and Religion Using Rene Girard”

Thesis: Using Rene Girard’s theories, I argue that Schuyler’s novel, Black No More, illustrates the tricky relationship between race, culture, and religion in the early twentieth century United States.


PRAISE GOD!!

No comments: