Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Early Morning Reflections

God is leading me more and more each day. He is giving me more responsibilities for His Kingdom, and it is a bit overwhelming, but I know that I am in a good place. I am joyful and excited to know that my God, is a God who saves, who loves, and who pours out abundant blessings. I have been reading Ecclesiastes and it has spoken volumes into my life. I am just reminded more and more that my own selfish pursuits are as useless as chasing after the wind. As I take on more leadership at Elevation, and in my friendships, I must remember the One who has given me life. I must keep my focus on Christ.

Also, I am listening to Jason Upton's "You're Not Alone"
but there is an awesome part of another song that carries over to that part:

"Breaking off rejection, with a spirit of adoption, you're not alone
."


so much to say, but I have to get to work, blah. But here is some scripture that you can use to pray over your friends as they go through the struggles of life. It has always lifted me up, and I hope it lifts you and your loved ones up.
Try this: replace the word you with the name or names of the ones you are praying for. Let the Holy Spirit speak through you as you intercede for those you love.

Colossians 1:9-14

9
For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you[a] to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. 13For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14in whom we have redemption,[b] the forgiveness of sins.

No comments: