Sunday, January 18, 2009

Does Black go with Brown?

Does Brown go with Black? My grandma told me that they have always gone together and that is a silly notion that they do not mix.

An article published by a popular men's magazine stated that if you wear Black for your suit or pants then black, tan or camel colored shoes would match.
I also heard that if your suit or pants are Brown then any shade of brown, black, camel colored shoes would match.

In Europe it seems as if Black does go with brown. Certain shades at least?


The Sartorialist

Men.Style.Com
talks about how Brown is the new black, but I think how can brown be the new black when black is black. haha. oh well.

I am in the process of getting a brown jacket, but right now all my jackets are jet black. Some people tell me that my black jacket does not go with my brown shoes(dark color) or my matching belt and some tell me its fine. The only reason I ask is because there are a lot of fashion police out there who love to tell people they don't know that they don't match.

I am not one for dressing up, and I find it a hassle. I usually wear athletic clothing because I find my self doing two workouts on an ideal day. Wearing something nice just makes it a hassle.

What do you think? I have asked a lot of people and I have gotten mixed reviews. I guess I have become obsessed with this question because I just wanted to know if there is a "set ruling."

Your thoughts are welcomed!!!
Thank You!!
~Nick Cook~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it looks good wear it, why let other tell you how to look.