Saturday, January 17, 2009

Weekend before Grandpa's Triple Bypass


So today I had the privilege and honor of hanging out with my Grandparents (dad's side) who live in Stokesdale NC. I call them Buelo and Buela which is short for grandpa and grandma in Spanish. Buelo just turned 81 on December 31st and He is in great shape for his age even though he needs triple bypass surgery. He is a vibrant, refined country gent who just got elected to Town Council. He is the God-fearing sort who plays golf at the country club, goes to the beach house when ever he feels like it, and has a made a good name for himself. He grew up dirt poor, farmed most of his life, raised cattle, and drove a truck while raising three kids. He got into the insurance business and has done really well, passing on the family business to his youngest child, my Auntie Angel. He loves to sing, and play guitar. Oh how I love him dearly.

He is getting triple bypass this Thursday because he has 90% 75% and 100% percent blockage in his arteries.

so anyway, today we went to mayflower, ate seafood, and then came back to the house to watch Country music and Bluegrass before going to bed. I like that!! We have had great conversations tonight about the Church, and the importance of music in the Church.

I know God is taking care of Buelo, and tonight, for the first time, I laid hands on him and Buela before going to bed and prayed over them. It was so intense, that I started to cry. Not the few tears, but the kind where if you don't stop to breathe you will pass out. The power of the Holy Spirit overcame us in that room and we all started crying as we thanked Jesus for His goodness. We all felt the power of the Holy Spirit as we lifted up Buelo and prayed protection over him and for God's healing to be present these next few months. I prayed over my grandma because she has dementia and she is scared to death of the possibility of Buelo not recovering from surgery. All I could really say clearly was Thank You Jesus for loving us, and for this family. This family is real love. You are real love.
We have an awesome intercessor for our prayers, and I praise God mightily.

I think I have seen them tear up once or twice, but I have never seen both of them cry.

Oh Gracious and eternal Father, I thank you from my innermost being that You have graciously placed me in a family where I can know Love. I am so thankful and blessed to have been adopted into a family who loves me, and who points me towards you. We are not all perfect, but You oh God, refine us with a fierce fatherly love, burning away our inequities through Your son Jesus Christ. I thank You in advance for the healing that will take place in Buelo whether it be in this life or the ultimate healing that will take place when You call him up. Strengthen us oh Lord so that we may be living examples for Your Glory in this time of need. Thank You Jesus for being the mediator, and for paying our sin debt. All glory, honor and praise to You oh Father, in Christ's Holy name, Amen and Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Romans 8 18-27
18I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. 19The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. 20For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21that[i] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

22We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

A.J. said...

Nicholas, you are such a wonderful man of God. I am so proud of you and how much love you share with others. You brighten my heart and my life. I am so happy that your are spending this time with your grandparents. I will be praying in agreement for your grandfather. "Our God is more than enough, He shall supply all our needs, He is our El Shaddai, He always looks out for me. Jehovah Jireh, He is my God."

I love you buddy!