Monday, February 18, 2008

"Jesus Juice, twice as nice as Gatorade, and lasts a whole heck of a lot longer"

(HANG WITH ME GANG, READ THE WHOLE NOTE BEFORE YOU GET MAD AT ME HAHA)

OKAY SO LETS START OFF MEAN, AND THEN GET NICE OKAY HAHA

It was like hmm two years ago when I met my buddy A.J. for the first time. we both worked at IMPACT Athletics, so we both knew who each othere were.
okay so we started hangin out cuz she was like the only person i didnt know right.
well come to find out we both loved Jesus right. but like we were both growin in our faith, so we were kinda like, hmm yeha I love Jesus, but no like joy right haha.

Fast Forward a couple of months haha
So i go back to the gym, and I am like WOAAHHHH because A.J. like attacks me with hugs and loud rantings!!!!

but then oh man here it comes:

"NIIICCCKKK!!! I FOUND A CHURCH, AND IT'S GREAT, OH MAN I LOVE JESUS SO MUCH YAAAAYYYYAASSSS!!!!" while she is jumpin around on the gymnstics floor.
Me, im like, oh my gosh, this girl drank the Kool-Aid, and she is emabaracing me. I mean who has the nerve to be that excited about Jesus. What kind of a cult is she in. I mean church is not the most exicting thing in the world. I mean yes, it should be, but like thats only on tv, or in the movies, or those really really far away churches that you hear about. or, its those like Holy Ghost cult churches that drink the kool-aid and dance around. right?

So like I mean I got use to it I suppose. but it still irked me cuz I was still not in that place with Jesus yet, and I oh so wanted it, but I didnt understand it.
I mean I love Jesus, but I didnt want to be labled as one of those Christians. ya know:
"Hey Good Morning Nick how are you doing?"
"Oh well bob, Jesus is just soo good, I mean it's so awesome having a relationship wtih Christ. I mean I don't always understand things, but you know what Bob, I just have this Joy, and I mean wow. Like yesterday for example, in church our preacher talked about sin, and it just convicted me that I need to change so many things. But It's okay cuz I got Jesus, yup, He's my homeboy. I know that if I keep focusing on Him then things will work out."

I mean BLAH BLAH BLAH RIGHT. I mean Come on People, it must be the Kool-Aid. I mean shut up. I just wanna punch the next Joyful, Jesus Kool-Aid drinkin Christian. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN COME ON BE REAL WITH ME!!

haha
DUH!!
FLASH FORWARD A COUPLE OF YEARS....

I WAKE UP AND I AM LIKE, OH MY GOSH, I AM ONE OF THOSE CRAZY JESUS KOOL-AID DRINKIN CHRISTIANS!!!!!!!!
YEAH BABY!!

Joy of the Lord. Let me just tell you. There is no other feeling in this world that comes close to the Joy that we have in Christ. Yes, even in the tough times. Romans 5 READ IT!!!

I have been redeemed, I am His beloved, I have been born again. OH YEAH!!

So my point is that WE CANNOT HELP IT!! Don't be Hatin on us because you your self do not have it when you want it. All that it takes is faith. Yes, not more Faith, but the Faith that you already have. (unless you don't have Jesus as the center of your life. Then you have to)
Just Ask God to give you that Joy. It's an on going process. Life is hard, im not gonna lie, but Each Day we die to our selves and rise to Christ. That is the key.

AND YES, I DO DRINK THE KOOL-AID, AND I RAISE MY HANDS, STAMP MY FEET, YELL AND SCREAM


And part of it is because I go to a church that does the same thing!!
ELEVATION CHURCH!!!

There is nothing wrong for not doing those things, but if the Spirit moves, the Spirit moves right right!!

I mean thats how I worship. A friend said this to me last night.

"If I can yell and scream at a country concert, then I can do the same for Jesus right"


and that's all I wrote!

Oh yeah, A.J. I love you haha. Thanks for always being there for me, and helping me to become undignified for Jesus!!

God Bless!!



"It's goin in the book"

A.J.

3 comments:

Emily Makar said...

i drank bright red kool-aid today! i guess i'm one 'o them!!!

Nick Cook said...

I guess u are em

A.J. said...

I'm never gonna let it go!!! And THAT'S going in the book!