Sunday, August 24, 2008

Actively Single, or Passively Single? This past month...

So this past month has been amazing for me. God has really been stretching and pulling me. He has moved me out of my comfort zone.

I started off these past month passively single. I was talking with Danah and Womack today at Java's and their friend came up with this theory, that Pastor, and other pastors have talked about for ages. Brett's theory is simple, yet so powerful.
Here it is:
Are we passively single, that is not content, not taking full advantage of our singleness to advance God's Kingdom. OR Actively Single, that is content, knowing full well that we are God's hands, and that we are called right now, to live, fully, and boldly in our singleness to advance God's Kingdom. Do we set our aim on things higher than this world, honed in to God's Holy Spirit? If we are actively single, than we are caught up in matters of God's Kingdom.

1 Corinthians 7:32-35

This reminds me of the many talks, I have had with my Entourage.
I don't have it all together, I make mistakes, I mess up. I worry, I get stressed out, and one issue for me is this whole singleness thing.
This past month, God has shown me where my fault has been on this issue.
Yes I am doing ministry, yes, I am advancing God's Kingdom, but I have been yearning for my wife. ya know, looking, searching, daydreaming.
I have wonderful friends who have prayed for me, and still are, friends who care about me, and who want to see me reach new places in Christ Jesus.

I firmly believe that God uses people around us, people in our lives, not just our friends but random people, to speak life and truth into our lives.

I have realized that I have not been embracing my singleness. I have not been joyfully enjoying this season of my life.
God has shown me what great credibility I have as a single man of God. I have this great and special opportunity to live my life as a witness to others who are struggling with this same issue.
I can relate to others, and encourage others using the Gospel. I can be fully focused on God's affairs because I am single.

I am a better man today, because I have finally let God fill me up, and breathe His creative power in me. I have stopped fighting God, and just let His truth take hold in my life.

I am excited about this season now. I am fully content, knowing full well that He has that special wife out there for me. This has been a struggle of mine. Even though I have not had a gf in over a year, I still have been pursuing possible candidates.

Just because this world tells me to not wait, does not mean that God is telling me to not wait. In fact He is working so mightily in my life right now, that the best thing for me to do is to stay focused and stay in the race, running for the prize. In other words, to just chill out on this whole finding a wife business and focus fully on seeking and saving that or those who are lost by being an example.

Who do you have in your life who has your back? Who do you have in your life who will speak life and truth into your life, whether you want to hear it or not?
I pray that you have somebody. I know I have quite a few, and that is very frustrating at times because I am hard headed.

Praise God!!!!

No comments: