Wednesday, October 15, 2008

CATALYST-"Louder Than Words"

Andy Stanley has got to be one of the greatest preachers out there, and his messages really hit home. Not only does he incorporate humor, and real life stories, but the way he presents the Gospel is amazing. He is so easy to follow, but do not let that make you doubt. Andy Stanley really challenged me at Catalyst.

Here are some of the notes from his sermon "Louder Than Words," that really hit home in my heart.

1) Moral Authority means an alignment between our creeds and our deeds.
As a Christian, I want what I say about Christ, and being a Christian to align up with how I act out my faith.

2) INFLUENCE. Andy said that all we have is Influence. It is at exact value. In other words, it means that what we say and do can radically alter history. I believe that what I say and do impacts others around me. It is the determining factor in showing someone the love of Christ.

3)Moral Superiority= sacrifice & Obedience to Christ. As Christians, we need the Holy Spirit to move in us, to direct our steps, our actions. The Word of God has the final say in all things, but do we really see this as true. I know in my own life, I try to trump God's word with my own word, and those words of others around me. I sometimes doubt the word of God. This Moral Superiority is all about us using the word of God, praying for the Spirit to intercede on not just our behalf but others, and taking the steps to make our creed and deeds match.

4) Public alignment= the mission and the vision. What is our goal as Christians, and the Church(body of believers)? church(institution)? Do we project the message of Christ, or do we try to own it, make the Gospel serve our needs? For too long, I have seen churches and people take the Gospel and make it fit their needs. I my self have done the very same thing in the past. I pray that we(Church) can become one in Christ, and seek and save that which is lost, together. (Luke 19:10)

5) FORGIVENESS- our message should be that. Since we have been forgiven, then we need to forgive others. How can we live out our faith, when we have bitterness in our hearts. How can our creeds match up with our deeds, when we are walking around with bitterness?
Sometimes I struggle with this one. The people in my past sometimes haunt me. The things that I have done, and the fights I have had with my friends sometimes haunts me. I am not an angry person, I just sometimes loose it. I have been better at forgiving, and asking for forgiveness from my friends in the past. It sucks, ya know, the people who really really wronged you, or the people you really really wronged. But lets face it, we need to get over it. Christ has called us to live in His Glory.

Jesus, I pray that You continue to convict me of my own sin, and that I can humbly lay it all down at the foot of the cross. Jesus I pray that You do the same to this generation, and that by Your Grace and Mercy, You, Jesus, make us one. Lead us in the path that leads to righteousness.
Thank You Jesus, Amen.

No comments: