Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve Blessings!!!

Yesterday was one of the best Christmas eve's that I can ever remember because I could actually spend some drama-free quality time with my family, and be old enough to remember it.

My parents and I went to my mom's parents house way out in the country in a lil place called Snow Camp, nc, out on the farm!! oh yeah!!

It was just good to have real fellowship with loved ones and to remember the One who made all things possible!! Even though my heart is a lil saddened that I did not go to the Elevation Christmas, I am so thankful and so happy to be able to record my maw-maw's Christmas memories and to be able to record her salvation story. It was cool to hear how they did Christmas a long time ago, and how life was so different back then. It was good to help her make her bed and lift up the mattress for her so that she could straighten things. It was heart warming to see my paw-paw tear up as maw-maw told those awesome stories of life and being in love as a young woman. Praise God! There is such wisdom, and compassion in that household.

It was good to be able to go back to my home church and to experience my frist Christmas contemporary service. It was held in our fellowship hall, and it was awesome. My mentor. Dr. Rev William Green gave an awesome sermon on the three purposes of Christmas. It was a home run for Jesus. It was good to be able to serve others communion last night and to pour into some young people.

Today, we are going to my dad's parents who live in Stokesdale, 30 minutes from Greensboro. It should be fun, and I bet I am getting my first ever digital camera. Sweet haha.

I am so thankful that my Jesus was born on this day. This day is a day of new beginnings and a new hope for mankind. Thank you God and Praise You for sending us your very best when we deserve your very worst. You are an Awesome Lord, Gracious, slow to anger, rich in love. You are a Great God, a God who hears his people's cries, and who answers them from His Holy Throne.

No comments: