Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sunday Night Reflections

So today was an awesome day!!! Church was crazy today. Pastor brought a challenging word today and it rocked my spirit. Pastor Steven has been challenging us these past couple of weeks in the area of owning our potential in Christ, listening to Christ, and acting upon what He has placed in our hearts. It has been crazy.

www.elevationchurch.org

I am been more emotional this past month in service. I have been brought to tears it seems every Sunday, and throughout the week. God, despite my crazy self, is speaking life and truth into my soul.
As I look back on today's events with the homeless gang at Elevation Uptown, and how freaking awesome our volunteers are, I have a peace in my spirit knowing that I am where I am suppossed to be. God is getting ready to do some crazy things, and He has been preparing me. Today I talked with Josh Blackson (our awesome Uptown Campus Pastor) about a crazy awesome idea that will revolutionize how college kids from my campus will get to Church.
It is part of the very reason why I came to the Uptown campus from the Butler Campus at the start of Uptown. A 2 year prayer has been answered. I am so stoked!!

I am in the process of getting information on how to start a small group at one of the Men's Homeless shelter's in Uptown. Had a chance to talk with my homeless buddies today about how they would feel about an Elevation Small Group at their shelter. It was well recieved with great excitement. I am finding that God is breaking my heart and giving me a pasison for the homeless more and more each week.

My wonderful gf is back from her mission trip. She is a lil under the weather, but that is to be expect when you have been away for two weeks. So glad she is back safe, sound, and radically changed for Christ.

I am learning more and more about the power of Interceding on the behalf of someone. Oh I have been doing this for a good while, but latley God has been speaking to my heart. I am so glad that I have a friendship built on prayer, centered on Christ, and the overflow of that friendship has created a great relationship. I am so glad that I can pray for her, and intercede on her behalf. You never know the affect that prayer has in someone's life, even if it is just a quick one time prayer. Our God is so big, and so awesome.

I would have to say that it was crazy here when my gf was not around. So many doubts, and frustrations that came from being attacked by the enemy. By praying, reading God's word, and seeking sound council, I have grown in my walk with Christ. It has been a time of testing the spirits, seeing which things are from God, and which are from man. It has been a challenge, but an awesome one.

I get to sleep in tomrrow, and I do not really know how to deal with that.

No comments: