Tuesday, January 22, 2008

2 Soliders for Christ: On the Front Lines for our Country and for our God...

I had the privilege and honor to room with two of our nations hero's (MARINES)
George Wing and Jordan Styrk this past weekend.

I am writing this summary to prove a point, and to hopefully compel you all to search your own hearts deep within for that touch from Christ.

So I was surprised to see two Marines on the Chrysalis retreat. Most of the people who are on it are in college or high school and who are not in the service (well the retreats that I have served on).
Marines are a rare and different breed than most Soldiers. They take the most junk from people for the hard work that they put in for protecting this country.
I was so excited to see Jordan and George, and to meet them. Even more excited to room with them this past weekend.

My first concern was really about how everyone else would warm up to these guys since most of the people on this retreat didnt know anyone. I have lots of friends in the service so I know how Soliders act. Rough, and Tough, and sometimes that is just down right imitating. I didnt know how George and Jordan would fit in this weekend.
I mean lets face it, Marines are trained to go in and get the job done. The ones I know are loud, and quick to anger and passionate about their country. And rightfully so, for their job is hard, and they are fighting in a war that half of the country is oppposed to. Which means by default (out of ignorance) lost respect for them.


God did something this weekend that not only blew my mind, but everyone else's.

God's spirit was all around us this weekend as everybody (even the sophmore's in high school) loved on these guys. And do you know what, THEY ARE HUMAN, WOW SURPRISE SURPRISE AFTER ALL (sarcasm). They loved on us just as much this weekend. We all grew together this weekend as a band of brothers. We are all called to be in the Army of the Lord.

George and Jordan are two of my favorite people! I really love them both dearly as brothers, and I would lay down my life for them. I really mean that. I mean just the bonding that took place this weekend as we got to know each others hearts! Wow, I am getting all emotional just thinking about it. I look up to these guys because they have it tough, and they still took the time to seek Christ. They could have been elsewhere, but they listened to Christ as He drew them to Him.
Their humor, and their passion for life and to serve this messed up country (morals) just spoke to my heart. I have a passion to be in the service as well. I want to be a Chaplain. They really helped me to seek God on this matter, and God spoke to me through them this weekend. They really encouraged me to go for it. Their humor and love just really got to my heart this weekend. They have helped to change my perspective on life and Jesus forever. George, and Jordan, I am forever thankful that you guys were there this past weekend, and that God really brought us together.




But here is what really gets me, and makes me Jealous.
And I want to make you Jealous in order to admire and to respect God's Grace and His perfect will.
As most of the people who know about Chrysalis (been on the flight or not) know, we have this thing called Candle Light. It is a candle light service where people show up to show you the love of Christ. (that is all I can say haha) But anyways we had a special quite time afterwards where we can all bask in the Glory of God, and to talk with each other and encourage each ohter. We can lay all things at the foot of the cross with boldness. We can cry, and laugh, and just connect intimately with Christ.

That night, George and Jordan gave their lives to Christ. Big Deal right, lots of people give their lives to Christ right? Wrong It is a HUGE DEAL, a Deal of Life or Death.

Stay with me... this is long but worth it...

So on the last day, we had a special closing ceremony where we can share what God has done in our lives, and what we will do (next steps)
Jordan and George both got up and talked about what God had done in thier lives, and how He has changed their lives.

George said this, and THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART:
George said that as the last person was leaving the candlelight service, as the last candle was going out the door, he SAW CHRIST. I'm Serious! that makes me jealous, and it brings tears, and chills to me. HOW AWESOME.
People search their whole lives to See CHRIST. They pray their whole lives to SEE HIM, Literally. Some do and a lot don't. But GEORGE SAW HIM. How Amazing is that. Christ, through His Love and Grace, revealed Himself to George in order that George may KNOW HIM and have a Intimate Relationship with Him. I want that so bad, I really do. I want to SEE HIM so badly.

Gang, Christ has a perfect plan for George and Jordan. They have been called by Christ to carry out His perfect plan.
George and Jordan, You are a Divine Design, and YOU have a Divine Destiny. God has chosen YOU to carry out His Will. You are Soliders in His Army Now. You are leaders for Christ. "God has given you the Air, God had given you wings, so FLY" "Spread out your wings, and shake off the things that hold you down" FLY, Fly with Christ.

God has changed me through them. Christ has shown me His Awesome Love this past weekend, and I will never forget that. Christ has given me a new perspective on life, and how to walk with Him.

George and Jordan give me the Hope that we have in Christ (Romans 5)

I love you Mighty Men of God. I cannot wait to see what Christ is going to do in and through you as you guys go back to Cherry Point, and when you guys go over seas this summer. Army of the Lord (Eph 6)

Remember that Satan wants us to focus on the fact that we Deserve Hell, and that We have Failed, Fallen, and we should Feel Rejected. BUT TO HELL WITH SATAN!!

CHRIST IS THE VICTOR, HE IS THE LORD OF LORDS, THE KING OF KINGS, and HE HAS REDEEMED US WITH HIS BLOOD!!!

Sorry this is so long, but I don't really care haha. I just had to share my heart, and I will continue to share with you this Awesome Weekend!!

WHO IS ROBERT LOGGIA hahah (inside joke)

~FLY WITH CHRIST~
Humbly your brother in Christ,
Nick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaPMSUYQmo4

No comments: