Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Faith and things I got from the retreat this past weekend.

I think I need to take another look at my personal faith with Christ.
I have faith, and I love the Lord, but I need to work on my faith just like everybody else. It's not a question of having more faith, its a matter of what can I do with the Faith I already have. Sometimes, people, my self included, believe that we need to ask God for more faith. We seek to have more Faith in Christ, and what God wants us to do with our lives to fully carry out His perfect plan. I have realized more and more that its not about having more stuff, but using what I have to the full potential that God had commanded me to do.

Why do I struggle in my faith? What makes me really feel guilty, or ashamed.

The Three F's.
FALLING-embarrassed, which is especially tough because I am a man, and we are hardwired to fight, and to achieve and overcome. We do want to fall back into our temptations, BUT NOT from Grace. We want to be at the top. But we know that if we give into our temptations we fall, yet again.

FAILING- not measuring up to the potential that God wants. This also applies to the things that I do like school or working out, or my friends. I want to leave my mark on this world. I want people to see after I am gone, that I measured up to something. To me, that is sharing the Gospel, and living a Biblical life for Jesus.
FEELING REJECTED- I feel rejected by God sometimes when I do mess up, when I look at things I should not, or say things that I regret. I feel rejected when I do things that are not Godly. And I feel like I am walled in because of my sins, and my failing. Sometimes I feel downright WORTHLESS. And sometimes the world won't accept for you being a "fallen angel" either. They call you out, and they have no concept of Grace. They only persecute you for messing up. (SIN=Missing the mark) I have to be honest, and just put that out there. As Christians we are not supposed to feel that way, but lets face it, we are humans, and we deserve to go to Hell for all the bad stuff we do. ( as stated in the Bible).

OH YEAH BUT GUESS WHAT!!!

FAITH IS:
A SENSE OF GOD'S PRESENCE
THE CONFIDENCE THAT GOD IS GOOD, AND HE CAN BE TRUSTED.
THE BELIEF THAT GOD HAS UNIQUE PLANS FOR OUR LIVES.
MAT 11:28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Sin is three letters
Grace is 5 letters... God's Grace is bigger than my Sin.

God does not make junk!!

Let go and let God

We are Saved By Grace through Faith!!!!!!!

By focusing on the Cross, and seeking God, Only then will I and anyone else get the direction, and the strength to keep pushing forward. To keep "Aiming our Ideals upward"

As Pastor Furtick said, We are a Divine Design made for a Divine Destiny
I am Joyful now, because God has shown me the way. I know what I must do in order to fully carry out God's Perfect plan!!

This past weekend has really helped me in my Faith!!!

"He's the Beeeessssstttt,HOOH J-E-S-U-S!!"

No comments: