Tuesday, January 1, 2008

bah-humbug

So I figure that I am a scrooge during the Christmas Season.
I despise the fact that people are so wrapped up in presents and shopping haha. Pun intended :)
Christmas is more about the Presence of Christ. The Coming of Christ is what Christmas is all about. How He Came to save us, and to deliver us from our sin and death.
I get annoyed because people get in this mindset about buying all these nice presents for people and focused on giving stuff. Now I am not against gift giving, no I love to give gifts. But what about giving people the chance to have a personal intimate relationship with Christ.
What about spending time with them and sharing the Gospel and how Christ has saved us?
Now I know there are lots of people who do this, but there needs to be more people doing this. I myself need to spend more time doing this as well. I share my faith, but do I really share it with as many people as God wants me to? No, and I need to repent and spend more time year long doing so.
But Christmas marked the change of history. With Christ's birth, the world changed forever.
Christmas Cheer is about the joy of knowing that God sent his One and Only son to earth to save us from our Sin. It's about forgiving those who have done us wrong. It's about reaching out to those in need, and who need to receive a personal intimate relationship with Christ.

Giving gifts out of love is great, but what about focusing on the Greatest Gift of all... JESUS?

I have become better over the years. I am not the scrooge I use to be, and I am more cheerful around Christmas time because of Jesus. I am focusing more on that instead of all the hustle and bustle.

Are you?

No comments: