Monday, May 19, 2008

Another night with little sleep...

For the past 3 weeks, I have not been sleeping as well as I would like to. I find my self having to take naps during the day. I am so thankful for naps, and for rest.

Every night pretty much for the past month God has been waking me up at random times in the morning, and just laying people on my heart to pray for. Prayer is a powerful thing, and I believe it is the best tool besides the Bible that God has given us. The Word shows us and teaches us how to pray, and how we can use prayer to move mountains and change lives.

The awesome thing about waking up and praying, going back to sleep, waking up again a few hours later to pray again, is that I am seeing God show off His Amazing Powers of Healing, Restoration, Guidance, Peace, Wooing, and Joy.
I have seen first hand the fruit of praying in the Spirit, and intercessory prayer can have in people's lives.
There is just something awesome about talking with Daddy at like 2-5am in the morning. It is very intense, and it fills me up.
What if more people spent intimate time in prayer? What would happen? I'll tell you...
People's lives would radically change, some the next day, some later on, but God moves heaven and earth for people. He is God, Perfect, Loving, Awesome!!!
I just have a heart for prayer now more than ever. I really love it when God wakes me up, and He speaks to my heart. I am growing more than ever, and God is wooing me.

Side note: I am just so content right now being single and letting God woo me. He is drawing me nearer to Him each day, and I love it. I am spending more time in prayer, specifically in the Spirit, praying for my future wife. I am just thanking God so much for revealing some of the important qualities that my wife will have that just speak to my heart. I am content right now in just surrendering my heart to Christ each day, and letting Him fill me up.

I am also just spending more time thanking God. I am not perfect, I am selfish by nature, but God is just revealing so much to me right now, its is overwhelming :) Why not thank Him?

No comments: