Friday, May 16, 2008

Training

So tonight is short and sweet, just some thoughts.

It feels great to loose 5 pounds. My run, and bike have really been faster and more efficient.
This past week, esp today, I really felt great on the bike. It feels more natural, and I have more confidence in my ability as an athlete. I have always had confidence, but loosing weight and seeing the results is just awesome. I still have a love-hate relationship with training. It still sucks, but I love it.

I guess its like that with Christian growth and discipline. There are times where it just sucks. Emotionally its is overwhelming, and Satan really goes after me hard. The more I pursue God, the more attacked I get. That makes sense. Satan is not going to attack me as much when I am not in the word, or praying like I should. He just sits back and lets me become lukewarm.

But I see the results of praying, and spending intimate time with God. It is the very fuel for my body and soul. Yes there are sometimes when reading and praying are hard, when doing the right things are so much harder than doing the wrong things.
But I am in this race for the long haul, and I am building up my endurance more and more each day.

So to you who are struggling with endurance, Romans 5 talks about persevering and building character with the Hope we have in Christ.
Continue onward, boldly and unashamedly. Romans 1:16.
The payoff is worth the process.
I am just so in awe of what God is doing in my life and others around me.

And I just love being Baptized with the Holy Spirit and having my own personal prayer tongue with God.

Continue to pursue the peace that transcends all understanding. Philippians 4:7

No comments: