Friday, May 2, 2008

Marriage???

So I am going out of town this weekend to my friend Aaron's wedding in Durham.
I am have the honor of being the Emcee. I get to announce when the dances are, the cutting of the cake, ya know the stuff. It is gonna be awesome.
Plus in the morning, Aaron's friend's dad is gonna open up the UNC pool in Chapel Hill, and we get to play extreme water polo with inner tubes!!! We may even go for a run. YAY!!
I am also going home to spend some time while mom is on a youth choir retreat. That will be AWESOME TIME!!

More to the point... Here is a list of qualities I look for in a wife, fyi for all those readers out there haha. I think I will put some of the top ones.

  1. Sold out for Jesus- A Proverbs 31 Woman.
  2. Beautiful ( I know sounds shallow, but come on now, lets all be honest here) Of course she will be the most beautiful person to me, duh she'll be my wife. Hot Hot Hot!!
  3. Pastor's wife. Since I am called in the ministry, I think it will be important that my wife will be okay with being a Pastor's wife.
  4. Someone who is compassionate about others and seeing life change that can only come from Jesus and His love, grace and mercy.
  5. Good communicator: someone who is not afraid to tell me what is on her heart, and correct me when I am wrong. I want to have a healthy marriage, and everyone who is married says that communication is the key, especially in the hard times. (boldness)
  6. Someone who can lend me a wise word. I believe that every believer has wisdom that comes from Christ, but I want my wife to be a Proverbs 31:26 woman.
  7. Sense of humor. I am a crazy guy, well spaz is more like it. Someone who can be sarcastic at times- dish it out and take it.... thats just me haha.
  8. A gracious wife. Someone who is full of God's grace, cuz Lord knows I am gonna need a lot of grace as a husband haha.
  9. I believe that my wife will be a good encourager. As a man, I need constant encouragement to continue in God's Will. When I do fail, I believe my wife will encourage me to seek Christ, and take the steps to correct my wrongdoing.
  10. Someone who takes a more logical view of life. I am very emotional, and in some cases, I do not look at things from the logical point of view. (ask my dad, he is helping me in that) Not saying she cannot be emotional(thats great!!), but someone who can compliment me.
  11. Someone who is Baptized with the Holy Spirit. A wife who can intercede on mine, my family's, and other's behalf. I want my wife to have that intimate prayer tongue with Jesus, and intimate prayer life that comes only from receiving the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.
  12. Athletic. Yes, someone who takes care of her body is very important to me. Since I do triathlons, I want a wife who likes to keep in shape. I am not saying that she has to be like an iron woman, or a professional athlete. Just a wife who does not mind working out.
These are some of the most important qualities that I believe God has placed on my heart when looking for a wife.

I know people have asked me this question multiple times, and I have decided to write them down.

Spur one another on to love and good deeds. (Hebrews 10:24)

I want to be that Ephesians 5:25-33 husband.

Hope you enjoyed what is on my heart!!

No comments: