Thursday, May 15, 2008

God is wooing this city

Hosea 2:14
14Therefore, behold, I will allure her [Israel] and bring her into the wilderness, and I will speak tenderly and to her heart.

I have noticed something these past several months as I meet fellow Christians, and visit my friend's churches. God is wooing this city. He is crying out, and speaking tenderly to this city. To draw the city of Charlotte back to Him. There has been an increase in God's anointing and His presence in this city. This city has so many people who are lost, broken, burned out, and just tired of life. Not to mention the rise in crime, and the rise in homelessness.

I believe with my whole heart that God is using Elevation and other churches to reach this city for His glory. I believe we are placed here in this city equipped with our unique strengths and resources to strategically intercede to God on behalf of this city.

The church is Christ's Bride, and the wedding gifts are the gifts that God gives each of us to use for His Glory. But the greatest gift we can bring to this ceremony is our Love. It is Christ's Love in us that changes lives. If we as Christians and the church can continue to seek Christ, and run after Him and His will, then I believe we will see even more radical life change.

Also I have some friends who are dealing with life change, and it is just amazing to see God lead them in His direction.
I also pray for my friend Bradelyn who is growing a lot in her walk with Christ. She is an amazing person, and an awesome friend.
I know God will raise her up even more, and I am just so anxious to hear the news she gets today!!!

I pray that each of us may receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, and that we can pray in the Spirit to unlock God's Awesome Power of healing, restoration, encouragement, protection, and abundance (just to name a few).

No comments: