Saturday, May 31, 2008

JASON UPTON CONCERT pt 1

So last night, I drove from Charlotte to Winston-Salem to hear Jason Upton at First Assembly Of God in down town Winston-Salem with AJ, Jordyn, Justin, Tim, Rachel(Jordyn's mommy) and others from Victory Fellowship. It was amazing. Jason Upton's prophetic singing and his ability to truly bring the WORD is breath taking. It was down right encouraging and offensive, as I believe it should be.

I really saw the SPIRIT move last night. I really saw the power of God through Jason and the WORD challenge yet affirm people last night. I journaled a lot during the concert, and I took some very good notes.

Fire Burning In The Sky By Jason Upton really spoke to my heart, as well as others around me. God's message through Jason Upton was to "Lay it all down for the heart of Heaven," Which reminded me of Acts 20:24:
24However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

Jason Upton sang again and again "Whom the SON sets FREE is FREE INDEED," and that means that is offensive and encouraging at the same time. It is scary because that requires us to lay it all down, and to surrender all to Jesus. "To truly be free, means to be fully controlled by Jesus." ~Jason Upton. It is something that takes a lifetime and then some. When we accept Christ, we are free from Death, but in order to live freely, that means we have to focus on the Christ, and model ourselves after Him. That means we have to be in the Word daily, pray daily ( I mean intimate time with God, intimate prayers, life changing prayers) not just for ourselves, but for our World.

OKAY SO I WILL PICK UP IN THE NEXT POST, THIS ONE IS GETTING TOO LONG HAHA



No comments: