Sunday, September 7, 2008

Last day of Daniel Fast

Dude, today was just so awesome!!!!
Today the Daniel Fast ended, and it has been just an amazing time for me.
The results of fasting and praying as a church for those whom we want to see come to know Christ are just mind blowing. 903!!! 903 people who have given their lives to Christ, and who are starting their next steps.

All the fasting, the not eating of the foods that we take for granted each day is nothing compared to the suffering of those who need a relationship with Christ. To see the Church as a whole come together to fast and pray for others, opens the door for God's Holy Spirit to be unleashed and do more than we can ever ask or imagine.

I am just so blessed to be a part of something bigger than me, something that is so huge, it can only come from God: To see lost people come into a personal intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.

Oh yeah, today I got to help do set up with Lance Daniels, and Mark Bowen. Man was that fun!!!! I def love setting up with those guys, and I feel so alive serving Elevation. Being a greeter, and setting up, building community, just brightens up my soul.

OH CHECK THIS OUT!!
Today, my friend Gina and I got to serve HOLLY FURTICK!! OH YEAH!!
To be honest, I didn't know what to expect, I didn't know how we would be able to serve her. It was just so awesome being able to do small things, to serve one of our key leaders. It was a very humbling and wonderful experience. Holly is such an amazing person, filled with the Holy Spirit. She is so sweet and kind. And man, does she love Jesus!!
I am just so blessed to be a part of Elevation, a Church where it's leaders are just so focused and sold out for Christ!!

And finally, I got to eat some real food at the Cook/Angel family reunion. OH YEAH! Southern style Mac and Cheese, meatballs, pork tenderloin, ham, Home Made Chicken Pot Pie!!! OH YES, with Home Made Ice Cream!!!! oooohhh man!! Praise God!!!!

God is soo good!!

No comments: