Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Can God really use our suffering to bring others closer to Him?

So recently there has been some stretching and pulling from God that has been going around in my life and my friend's lives as well.

Each of us have been experiencing growth, at different times, and at different levels. In fact for most of us, there is always a hard trial that God leads us through, before we (humans) see the work that God is doing and see the impact it has in other people's lives.

Like Christ, our sufferings have the potential to lead others to God. Our sufferings have the ability to show others just how much we need Christ, and just how good God is, even when the bottom falls out. We can show others the hope that we have in Christ.

Now, I know this is not all oooey gooey...Life is hard, and it really sucks at times.
When our everyday rituals get shredded, we tend to loose focus, get frustrated, and head off course.

This past Sunday Pastor Steven used the story about when Lazarus died, and when Jesus raised him from the dead, to teach how to deal with the times when it seems as if God is not showing up in our lives in times of crisis.

Pastor Perry Noble also preached on what do to when it life gets harder and the bottom falls out. When we run so hard after Jesus, and when we are faced with life changing, faith altering circumstances that leave us frustrated, scared, and ready to throw in the towel.

I challenge you guys to watch both sermons in order that you may better understand how "God can take our greatest pain, and turn into our greatest gain"
Elevation Sermon: "I Am The Resurrection"
NewSpring Sermon: "It's Midnight"
Sermon starts around 11:30 if you wanted to skip the worship.

For me, and you can ask my mom, and those who know me very well... when I get out of my normal ritual, especially my workout ritual...I get very very cranky. I get stressed out, and I have all this energy that I need to get out.
I am already an impatient person, and I become even more impatient. And the reason why I do not get to work out is because I have so much school work to do, and ministry work.
My intimate time with God also goes out the window, so I am tempted to sin, to get angry with others, to doubt my self, and to become static.

Sometimes after that, I get the fear of never getting back to the place where I was before, or moving forward. I feel as if I am worhtless.
BUT, God does deliver me, every time, whether it is in the way I want it to, or not. and that gets me pumped up. God is so great.

Point: I am not perfect, I am human like the rest of us. Others believe that life is always great for me, that I do not struggle with insecurities, that I do not get stressed out, maxed out. But I do, and I need Christ just as much as the next person. Sometimes I feel I need Christ more because I become such a wreck.
Main Point: God will use our sufferings, just as He used Christ's to lead others to Him, and He will always deliver us, ALWAYS. He is God, He is just soo good.

What will you do? How will you give your suffering to Christ so that He can use it to bring others closer to Him? How will you let God deliver you?

No comments: