Friday, November 23, 2007

Boundaries

Also while I am at it, lol Boundaries.

EPHESIANS 5:25-33 KIND OF LOVE IS THE GOAL HERE FOLKS, BUT I HAVE TO BE ABLE TO PRESENT THAT BY SETTING UP BOUNDARIES.

Along with the 4 things mentioned in the previous blog:
1) to get to know her in group settings before we move on to more of the one on one settings.
2) To not talk on the phone for hours and hours about intimate details of our hearts before we know that God is blessing our friendship and telling us to move toward courtship
3) not to be out late at night by ourselves because that is just stupid to me and dangerous.
4) to be able to worship together in church, but to keep Christ as the focus.
Later on down the road, I want to be able to serve in the same church, and raise a family in that church.
5) VERY IMPORTANT: SEXUAL PURITY!!! I do not know how she will feel about kissing, but I know my self pretty well... To not kiss until we are married. At least till we are engaged, but I do not want to set my self up for failure.
6) to be able to say I LOVE YOU when we are engaged. I do not want to say those words without God's Blessing, and the full confirmation that the woman I am courting is in fact my wife. I want to be able to be free enough without any doubt to back up it up when I say those words to her.
6) She has to be willing to pray about our friendship, and our courtship. She has to be willing to know that God has a perfect plan, and that means praying during the bad times as well as the good for God's perfect will to be done. That should be the main focus in prayer: God's will be done in our relationship. Even if it means that we are not meant to be together.

7) okay so you may think I am crazy, but here is one that is important to me:
To be able to workout with my wife. I am very athletic and active. It does not really matter to me what we do, as long as we do something. I have dated girls who are not wired in the mindset of working out and they think it is a waste of time. But working out is me, and that was how I was raised. I love it. I also get to spend time with God and mediate while I work out.

I think those are the main Boundaries/criteria right now that God has placed on my heart.
I have more, but those I will talk about with my future spouse and my accountability partners.

I can't really apologize for being upfront, and bold about these issues. I cannot apologize for seeming overbearing, but hey, this is my life, and my heart haha.
I am sorry if you take offense and think that I am a raving lunatic.
Please get over that and get your head out of the sand.

GOD BLESS! :)

No comments: