Friday, November 16, 2007

My encounter with a Dying Girl....

so today was a day of joyful desperation. It started out rough. I went to bed around 2am, and got up around 6:30 again and went to class. I was just beaten, and tired. My week had been rough, and I was trying to catch up on sleep. Last week I worked 45 hours plus school, and this week has been rough as well.
The devil was really getting to my heart. He was telling me to just give up, and freak out. I was depressed this morning, and angry. I was just angry for no reason really, I guess because I was feeling sorry for my self.
But after my 8am class, my day started to get better.
I had to get away from the world yet again, and bask in Christ's presence. I canceled my workout, and just got down on my knees, and cried out to God. I read Psalm 51, and just let my heart be filled with the Holy Spirit. You ever have one of those days? I bet you have if you are a Christian. Those are the days that we really live for Christ if we re-focus on Him.
I put on some Shane and Shane, Jason Upton, Phil Whickham, and toped it off with Hillsong on the way to work.

Guys, I just yelled praises to God, and asked Him to help me get through the day. I called upon the Lord, to help me keep Satan at bay, and to focus on the Cross. He answered me! "My God is Mighty to Save"
There was this girl at work today, I believe her name was Hillary. She was six years old, and it was her first time at the Splash Park. This girl had a tumor in her brain that caused swelling in her face and body. She has the Doctors project 2-12months left to live.
This girl, despite the pain, and the confusion, had a blast today.
for about 4 hours, she played and played in the water with her friends. She went all out in the water. She went up and down the slide, around the lazy river, floated, ran under the sprinklers.
She really made me re-focus on the Cross.

I have no right to be angry with God, I have no real case to bring before Him. Here is a girl who is dying, and she is having the time of her life. I asked Hillary if she was having a blast and she said yes. I told her that Jesus loves her, but really it was God through Hillary's actions, and her eyes who was telling me that Jesus loves me.
AND PLUS, SHE IS GOING TO HEAVEN AND SHE GETS TO BE WITH HER DADDY!!
PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING GRACE!!!!!!

After that my day really got better. I grew up, and I have been praying and thanking God since.
I got to play with kids, and that always makes me feel better!

Plus, I have been singing the Chorus of this song all day! It brought me back to the Cross.

None But Jesus Lyrics (Hillsong United)


In the quiet, in the stillness
I know that You are God
In the secret of Your presence
I know there I am restored

When You call I won’t refuse
Each new day again I’ll choose

There is no one else for me
None but Jesus
Crucified to set me free
Now I live to bring Him praise

In the chaos, in confusion
I know You’re Sovereign still
In the moment of my weakness
You give me grace to do Your will

When You call I won’t delay
This my song through all my days

All my delight is in You Lord
All of my hope, all of my strength
All my delight is in You Lord Forevermore


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axqXMuW8x1U

No comments: