Saturday, November 24, 2007

Bringing Sexy Back

So it has almost been a whole year since I had a gf or dated someone. Praise God!!
But I believe God is really leading me in the direction of courtship. Now I do not really know who it is yet haha, but I know Christ is setting me apart in order to pursue courtship. I still have lots more to learn, but here is a reflective moment.
So listening again to "Bringing Sexy Back" to the fourth talk.

Pastor and His wife talked about 4 points or qualities that every person should find in their future spouse.

I am only going to sum them up for you, and talk about the importance to me. Check out the sermon to get the picture if this sounds like rambling, and it probably will be!!

http://www.elevationchurch.org/
1) click under Previous Sermons on the bottom right
2) after the new window pops up click Bringing Sexy Back
3) click on Get a Job, Get a Life, Get a Wife and enjoy!!


Things I want in my Future Wife:

1) MY BEST FRIEND
a) Without a doubt she needs to be my best friend. Your best friend is always there for you. Your best friends knows you the best, and if my marriage is going to work, then my wife needs to be my best friend so that I can seek guidance from her when I need it.

2) SOMEONE WHO IS PASSIONATELY PURSING GOD! SOMEONE NOT "PERFECT" BUT PROGRESSING
a) someone who I can just randomly ask, What is God doing in your life, what is God teaching you? I want her to be able to answer me without fishing for stuff, or coming up with some vague Sunday school answer.
b) someone who I know that hears from God. I want my wife to be someone who I know trusts God and listens to the guidance He gives her.
To me THE MOST ATTRACTIVE THING ABOUT A WOMAN IS HER WALK WITH THE LORD!!! NOT HER OUTWARD BEAUTY. That is important, but lets face it, a lot of people are hot on the outside, but cold on the inside.
c) I want a girl who is modest, and not totally obsessed with her self image. Now I want a woman who can take pride in the way she looks and how she presents her self, don't get me wrong, but not a woman who dresses to impress others in order to really feel good about her self. That is just blind vanity, and that is setting your self up for failure and disaster. It is okay to bum it now and again, and I think thats cool cuz I do it alot haha.

As Pastor said "What you attract them with, you attract them to."

3) A woman who makes me better.
I want a woman who can tell me straight up what I am doing wrong. I need a woman who can confront me, and challenge me. I need my wife to be able to come along side of me and help me see my faults, and help me come up with Biblical ways in which to deal with those faults. I am def not perfect, and there is always room for improvement.
But if my wife cannot be up front with me (something that only best friends are the best at) then how is our marriage going to work? Answer: It won't.

Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron,
so one man sharpens another.

4) a woman who has a vision.
I want my wife to be able to have a vision about what God wants her to do with her life, and how to best serve God.
I want a woman who just doesn't talk about it, but actually does it, and sees it through.
And I want to get behind her, and support her while she is carrying out her vision even though I may not fully understand her vision, or have even have the best advice.

Her Vision should be Christ focused.

AS YOU LISTEN TO THE SERMON, YOU CAN PICK UP THAT THESE ARE NOT GENDER SPECIFIC. PASTOR AND HIS WIFE HOLLY BOTH GO BACK AND FORTH AND TEACH YOU HOW THESE 4 THINGS CAN BE USED FOR THE GUY AND THE GIRL.

Remember Marriage is not all about happiness, its about Holiness.
If it is Holy, then it will be so happy. Isn't that true for a lot of issues regarding Christ haha. I think So.

**Ephesians 5:25-33 kind of love!**
I WANT TO LOVE AND SERVE MY WIFE AS CHRIST DID THE CHURCH!!


Hope you enjoyed my blog!
Please Check out the Whole Series to learn more about where I am coming from!
I want my vision to be God's Vision.

ALSO MY PREVIOUS BLOG CONTAINS SOME BOUNDARIES AND WHAT NOT :)
Amen and Amen

:)

1 comment:

DJ_Skee said...

That's really awesome what you've written here, Nick. I feel completely the same way about a future wife. I think the reason for most divorces is because one or more of those factors you mentioned were missing when the marriage began. Praise God and pray that He will help us all in this kind of situation.
Amen and amen.