Monday, November 12, 2007

MyHeart goes out to the Homeless

so alot has been going on in my life latley. Over the past several months, God has showed me some homeless people in Charlotte to reach out. They have been reaching out to me as well, and God is really using them in my life. I have a different perspective on my life, and my walk with The Lord. God is moving mightily, and I am doing my best to keep up with HIM.
Randy is the main homeless guy that I work with. I feed him, give him clothes, and he comes to church with me. Wendell is another guy who is going through the same things. They are my brothers now, and I spend so much time with them, that they consider them family.

tonight my heart is broken for Randy, and Rick. They both live out in the woods, and some kids went and tore up their camp recently. They have tarps set up and what not, but its not enough. With no ID they cannot get a job, and with no ID it is hard for them to get a social securuity card. Right now they are in the rain somewhere, and I cannot find them. I have dropped off some blankets and clothes, but it is not enough. It is cold, wet, and dangerous out in that part of town.
I pray to God that He is watching over them, sending his angels to them to care and protect them.

Please pray not only for Rick and Randy, but all the other Homeless people who are out side in this weather who are fighting for their very lives day in and day out!
Pray that us Christians will get off our butts, and reach out the them, and give them the hope of Jesus Christ!!
We are not alone, but do the lost people know that? Do they know the Joy of having Christ as their Lord and Savior?
It is our job as it says in Luke to Seek and Save that Which is Lost!!

Luke 19:10"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."

Amen

No comments: