Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Child Like Faith being jaded :(

Matthew 18:2-4

2He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
The Little Children and Jesus
Mark 10:13-16

13People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." 16And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.

So earlier this week while I was at work, on top of the blue comet slide, a bunch of kids from the YMCA in Huntersville came in. For some reason I was compelled to quiz them in math problems and faith questions. These kids were in grades 2-5th.
As I asked them about Church, and Jesus, I was shocked at their answers.
Most of them didnt know where they went to church, and did not go. I asked them if they wanted to go, and some of them did not like Church. That broke my heart gang. Now the ones who did like to go to Church, and knew Jesus, were fired up about all this Jesus talk.

Gang, we need to act now, more than ever. The Devil is grabbing these kids at a much younger age now. I believe it is the parents who have a huge part in this, but we need to go after these kids. Their Child Like faith has been jaded by Satan and the world. We need to show them the love, and to share the Gospel with them more than ever.

It just breaks my heart to see these kids so young, and so lost. They deal with a lot more junk at their age, then I did when I was their age. They are dealing with "adult" issues that they cannot understand and safely deal with.

We must be their proctors, their mentors. We must be their big brothers and sister. There is no time to waste. We as the body, have got to reach out the them. We have to reach them at their level, take them by the hand, and show them the way.

If we do not, who will?

I love Elevation's E-kidz. I am so thankful that God has given me the chance to serve these kids on Sunday's and to share with them the Gospel and Christ's love.
I pray that all Churches will do the same for these youngins.

"I Cannot Hide My Love" -WATERDEEP-

No comments: