Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Best Easter so far!!!

Today, was an amazing day today for me, and for the Kingdom, hands down!!

I now realize why God had me stay in charlotte for Easter, and not go home.
Through a lot of prayer, crying, and just asking God to show me what I can do for His kingdom, I brought 5 people to church today.
Now I am boasting in Christ, and not me, its what Christ did through me, not what I did.
My dad, my Aunt, my friend Melissa, her roommate Jessie, ,and Melissa's cousin Drew came to church with me today.
The worship was awesome! It was a packed service today at the 1pm serivce! Crazy Awesome!

Pastor gave like the best sermon ever!! I mean you just have to watch it when it comes out this week.
(HERE IT IS) My Lord and My God

Let me just say that Melissa, Jessie, Drew, and my Aunt Gayle accepted Christ for the first time ever today. They not only did that, but they actually took the time to fill out the cards, and walk up personally to the new believers table, talked with a person, and received a Bible, Cd, and scripture reference.
I mean like, I am just blown away. Gang, listen, just by asking someone to Church, boldily, and then just loving on them, and helping them get there, is like the greatest thing we could ever do.

I knew in my heart, that by just getting them into the door, just by getting them to Church,then sooner or later they will accept Christ. Over 500 people at Elevation alone gave their lives to Christ today. Imagine how many people did that today, world wide. WOW!!!

It is something that is very personal. I mean the courage that these people took to come to a church that they had never been to before. To be brave enough to go, and to accept Christ, then to publicly go and grab the resources that they need. I mean that takes guts.

And do you know what happened today. As I was going to meet them after I had gone to the restroom, I got frustrated becasue there were a lot of people who were just standing around in the atreum, and not moving. I mean that really got me frustrated, and I was like MOVE haha.
Then God spoke to my heart, and said LOOK AROUND. and I did. And guess WHAT...
THOSE PEOPLE STANDING AROUND, NOT MOVING, WERE THE PEOPLE STANDING IN LINE WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES TO CHRIST, AND WHO WERE WAITING TO TALK WITH SOMEONE!!!!!
WOW. THAT IS WHAT CHURCH SHOULD BE LIKE. PEOPLE LINED UP TO GET RESOURCES WHO HAD ACCEPTED CHRIST.

Man was I joyfull!!!
I am thankful for a God who is mighty to save!! I am thankful for a Church that preaches the Word of God, in a passionate way that breaks down the Gospel in a relevant way. I am thankful for friends who have prayed for the very people who gave their lives to Christ today.
And I am thankful that God used me as a tool to advance His Kingdom.

Now these people have hope. Now these people have been transformed, and they will forever know Christ's love, and have an intimate relationship with Him.

Who knows what these people will do for Christ in the future. God created each of us in a unique way with a unique purpose, that only we can do. How awesome is that!!!

I am glad that I got to spend some quality time with my dad as well. Me and are so very close, and I know that he is not far from the Kingdom as well. My dad is really an awesome man. I have learned much from him, and I am still learning. It was great to just spend time with him. My heart really needed it. We did cool stuff, went to I HOP for dinner, watched I am legend, and got up this morning and watched INVINCIBLE.
I cannot wait to see my mom when I go back home and spend some quality time with her as well.

Praise God!!

1 comment:

Emily Makar said...

that's really amazing. glad you had a good sunday!