Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Right now... College Sucks!!!

ahhhh so like many of my fellow peers who are in the ministry, well ministry of some sort, we have this hard time studying. We would rather be spending raw, intimate time with God. Like in the Word, praying, worshiping, and just being quite, listening to God speak to our hearts.

I have been studying with a friend of mine, Sarah Womack latley, and we have both agreed on this struggle. OH and def my buddy A.J. Salls!!There is a part of us that wants to be done with college becuase we are anxious about doing the very thing God has destined us to do after college.
This process as Pastor Furtick puts it, is hard. There are some days haha, like today, that I have to write a paper, and I have to put time and effort into it. Yes God gets the Glory, and Yes, God wants me to do super duper in school, BUT COME ON, I JUST WANT TO WORSHIP AND PRAY!! I know someone out there whether in school or not who def agrees with me. I mean THIS IS WHAT WE WERE CREATED TO DO...WORSHIP GOD!

uggh this freakin sucks, and yes I said freakin... and sucks

But you know what, I thank God for this problem. I mean God is Good. If you don't believe it, then check this out.
I was adopted by two wonderful people who are and always will be mom and dad. And did you know what I did for number of years, I rebelled. Yes all kids do it, but I mean there was misplaced anger, and I really didn't know who I was. You know, God has delivered me from that. I mean I know who I am, and I should have know who I was. I am A child of God, who is loved by Him and Two wonderful Parents. Hands down gang, that is who I am. I am loved.

God Called me into the ministry at age 18 in 2004, and I fought with and ran away from God (Dark Night Of The Soul for you scholars out there haha) up till a year and a half ago. It was not until I finally got it in my thick skull that God's way is the Best way, the Only Way that I saw life change, and that I needed to get sold for Jesus. (sorry for the umm like not correct grammar-Im hyped up on coffee) And, if I was going to live to the potential that Christ sees in me, that I need to get my butt in gear and start being a Man for Jesus.

I am glad that I do not have to deal my old self problems like getting drunk, having sex, smoking pot, and living a double life by being crazy at school, and all Churchified on Sunday.
Cliff Barrows this past Sunday put it something like this..."When we make a commitment to Christ, we make it on our terms, but its only when we Surrender to Christ that it will it be on His terms." AND THAT IS THE POINT.

oh so yeah lol sorry for ranting, it felt good.

So i am glad that this is my problem now. I am so thankful for Grace. I mean I know that I am sold out for Christ, and this problem is proof that I am. The struggle is, and I am joyful and frustrated at the same time haha, is that I just want to spend time with God, and know Him better. But people say, oh well you are in college, you have lots of time to do that. YES I DO, BUT THAT IS NOT ENOUGH. WE WILL NEVER HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO FULLY KNOW GOD. BUT OH MAN IT SURE IS FUN TO TRY TO GET TO KNOW GOD FULLY.
And I do, each day, more and more.

It's just frustrating when God is pouring so much into my life via His Word, Pastor Furtick, Pastor Perry Noble, Pastor Clayton King, MUSIC, PRAYER, and MY Entourage, and I have to focus on school at the same time.

But hey, thats life, and I do enjoy it. This process is teaching me to be able to organize my time better. If I get smart about my studying, and writing papers, then that will allow me more time to spend with God. OHHHHHH haha I KNOW MY MOM WILL LIKE THAT ONE :)

oh, well this is a long post, and its not like the last one which was really to the point.


Oh yeah, I LOVE COLLEGE HAHA!!!!

No comments: